As we stumble into spring, the weather can be unbelievably unpredictable – which, combined with spring allergy season, can cause havoc for some peoples’ sinuses. If you’re one of those people, however, you’re in luck: Because we have 11 simple solutions that can help!
Here are 11 of the most effective natural remedies I used to repower my immune system and conquer that cold!
- Salt Water. In particular, gargling with salt water has major benefits, as it dries out the mucus, helps kill bacteria, and helps break up the phlegm so you can get it out more easily.
- Turmeric. Adding more turmeric to your diet (especially in smoothies or drinks) can have amazing results, as it’s antiseptic, antibacterial, and helps you detox – meaning it helps you get that nasty crap out of your body!
- Greens. Especially in smoothies (with anti-inflammatory ingredients such as lemon, ginger, or turmeric), nutrient-rich greens such as spinach, arugula, and kale can help boost your immune system.
- Matcha Green Tea. Especially with honey and cinnamon (both of which have their own full repertoires of amazing benefits), matcha green tea really ups the ante when it comes to polyphenols and antioxidants.
- Spices. In particular, both spicy foods (like cayenne peppers, or sriracha sauce) and wasabi can help clear your sinuses – in addition to being delicious!
- Vitamin C. Whether in supplements or in additions to your diet, there’s no risk of too much vitamin C (as it’s water-soluble, you’ll just urinate any excess away) – and it can do wonders for your immune system.
- Magnesium. Particularly if your sinus issues can cause headaches, magnesium can do wonders for that pounding forehead.
- Mint. Mint extract in water can help ease your throat pain (we recommend a couple of drops in your tea or water, as peppermint or menthol can numb those throbbing nerves), or you can apply mint oil to your temples to ease those throbbing headaches.
- Ginger. Particularly as soup, we love ginger for helping flush out toxins and helping drain those clogged sinuses.
- Sleep. When your body is fighting something, extra sleep can help – so don’t fight it! If you’re tired, let your body rest – as that extra rest can be necessary for your weakened immune system.
- Hydration. Combined with sleep, proper hydration might be just the best thing you can do for your body – as you need that water to keep your body up and help flush those toxins.
We hope these 11 simple steps work for you – and let us know what else has helped you!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: