Detoxification is a process of wiping out all the negative effects on your body from the environment, such as pesticides, industrial chemicals, secondary smoke, pollutants, or heavy metals.
Mainly detoxification refers to cleansing of the kidneys and colon, as these organs are involved in the detoxification of toxins and chemicals from the body.
There are 3 internal detoxification system in our body. The liver, the kidneys and the colon are the three critical body organs that are involved.
If you want your detox diet work, you need to maintain these 3 organs by nourishing your body with the right nutrients. Dr. Oz recommends a 48 Hours weekend cleansed of the body. It is based on consuming certain foods that will help the three important organs function properly.
- Quinoa with Prunes
Start your day with a bowl of quinoa. Quinoa is a whole grain that is rich in protein, phosphorus and fiber. Add some prunes, which are also high in fiber, and sorbitol. Sorbitol is a chemical that works as a laxative.
– Half a cup of quinoa
– 1 cup of water
– 1 pinch of nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
– 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil
– 1/3 cup of chopped prunes
– 1/4 cup of rich milk
In a small pot pour the cup of water and add the half cup of quinoa, a pinch of nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger. Stir the mixture and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the prunes and rice milk. Then, cover again and cook for another 5 minutes. Before you consume it, add and stir one tablespoon of flaxseed oil.
- Kale, Pineapple and Ginger Detox drink
Kale is good for cleanse of the kidneys. Pineapple includes bromelain that helps digestion, while ginger stimulates bile flow in the gall bladder.
– Half a cup of pineapple
– 2 large cucumbers
– 1 bunch of kale. Remove the stems
– 1/2 lemon, squeezed
– 1/4 inch of ginger
– Half a cup of mint
- Veggie Snack
Slice cucumber, celery and radishes, or any other fresh vegetables and mix them. Pour olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. You can have as much of this snack as you want throughout the day.
- Fruit Smoothie
This Smoothie contains flavonoid that improves immunity and is good for the liver. Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, which is an important vitamin for detoxification of the liver. Ground flaxseed includes omega 3, which is brain-nourishing, and fiber that helps the healthy elimination.
– Half a cup of plain, unsweetened almond milk
– 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or chia
– 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
– 1/4 banana
– Half a cup of rice
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix them well. Blend until you get a smooth concoction.
- Vegetable Broth Soup for Dinner
– 1 chopped fennel bulb with fronds and stalks
– 2 teaspoon of caraway seeds
– 2 teaspoon of sea salt
– Freshly ground pepper
– 1 cup of sliced shitake caps
– 4 large chopped garlic gloves
– 1 chopped cabbage
– 2 quarts of water
– 2 tablespoon of paprika
– 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano
– 8 sprigs of chopped parsley with stem and leaves
– Half a cup of chopped parsley
Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped parsley, in a pot and add the 2 quarts of water. Let it boil and reduce heat. Then, let it simmer for about an hour. Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley.
Make sure you follow the following rules:
- Do not eat after 7 P.M
- Epsom salt bath will help you sweat and remove toxins. It also contains magnesium that will help you relax your muscles.
- Before going to bed, have a cup of dandelion tea. This is a great way for the liver to eliminate toxins from your body.