Many people ignores headache. Its either they just let it happen or get use to it like its a normal thing. But all of us must be aware that not all forms of headaches are ignorable as always.
According to the World Health Organization, primary headaches is the most common disorder of the nervous system. Its commonality is the reason why most of us disregard it.
Usually, it is caused by over sensitivity or over stimulation of brain’s pain receptors, some chemical activity in your brain or maybe, some muscles in your head or neck.
There are possibilities that the more we ignore headaches, we might found ourselves in a worse condition for late diagnosis.
It might be hard to distinguish whether the pain in your head is just normal or something worse.
Be mindful of these few notes on the five signs you may notice if there is something in your head that you must be alarmed early.
- Weakness or numbness on one side, trouble speaking or seeing. This may be a stroke or a brain tumor.
- Begin or change after age 50. Inflamamation of blood vessels in the skull.
- Come on really fast, like an explosion out of nowhere. This could be a sign of bleeding in the brain.
- Stiffness of the neck or other signs of feeling ill. Could be meningitis or other infectious diseases like Lyme Disease.
- Precipitated by coughing, straining, lifting weights, sexual activity. This could be a warning sign that something bad is happening in the brain, such as a stroke.