While you may use cinnamon regularly as a spice, you may not know that it also has a long history as a natural medicine – once more treasured even than gold. Read on to learn more!
Cinnamon’s key benefits come primarily from it’s essential oils, particularly components in the essential oils called cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate, and cinnamyl alcohol.
These components combine to give cinnamon anti-inflammatory, anti-infection, and anti-microbial properties, in addition to antioxidants and a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Check out seven these amazing medical benefits of cinnamon below!
1. Blood sugar control! Cinnamon is a huge boost for individuals with type 2 diabetes as it helps your body with insulin regulation, allowing your body to better normalize blood sugar levels.
2. Brain booster! Cinnamon boosts alertness, cognition, attention, recognition, and can assist with anxiety and nervousness as well.
3. Heart healthy! Because cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, it’s great at assisting cardiovascular health and protection your arteries from damage.
4. Colon cleanser! Because of the combination of calcium and fiber present in cinnamon, it does a great job of helping clean your colon, and can be helpful in relief from irritable bowel syndrome as well.
5. Cancer prevention! Cinnamon can also help reduce cancer cell production, and has also been shown to be effective in cancer prevention when a regular part of the diet as well.
6. Circulation booster! Cinnamon has anticoagulant properties as well, which helps improve blood circulation. Of course, too much of the compound in cinnamon that works as an anticoagulant can be harmful, and can lead to liver damage, so we recommend keeping your cinnamon doses small, especially as a little goes a long way.
7. Neurodegenerative disease fighter! Those anti-inflammatory properties also make it a tremendous ally in the fight against Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and more!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: