We love sweets – but if we’re like you, often have trouble finding healthier alternatives. Check out this amazing recipe, though, for healthy sweet potato brownies!
This sweet potato brownie recipe is amazing: it’s moist, paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and super tasty! This recipe uses natural sweeteners that are WAY better for you than artificial ones. What else makes it so healthy?
If you’re trying to cut down on sugar, the sweetness of sweet potato may fool you into believing it’s bad for your pancreas; however, sweet potatoes improve blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes, regardless of their seemingly high Glycemic Index (GI)
Anthocyanin (what makes a sweet potato orange) is full of anti-inflammatory health benefits. These benefits are found in brain and nerve tissue throughout the body
Sweet potatoes are FULL of vitamins A and C (which makes them great for your immune system). They also have vitamin B6, B1, B2, and B3
Sweet potatoes are also full of manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber; all of which work together to keep your blood, digestion, and whole body healthy.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth nut butter of choice (we recommend almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a small cake/loaf pan.
- On the stove, melt nut butter with maple syrup.
- In a large bowl add the mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and maple syrup, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
- These brownies are best when cooled completely. Store in fridge or freezer and ENJOY!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: