Indeed, it is really questionable to think that there are health related problems linked with fingernails but it is really a red flag and must seriously be keen of.
By simple observation and analysis of the corresponding size, shape, ridges, curves and even the shade and color of the nail could provide a sign of health-related issue regarding on your body condition.
Fingernails Warning Signs
Vaguely discolored nails
A healthy fingernail has to be in a pinkish shade with white layered curves close to the base of the fingernail. But if the color of your nails is showing a different shade of color, it is highly linked to some medical issue.
- Red shades in the nail bed are linked with heart valve disease
- Dull or pale shaded nails are correlated with vitamin insufficiency
- Dark shades at the top of the nail are linked with congestive heart failure
- Greenish nails show of bacterial infection
- Blue or violet shades of nails are a sign of low oxygen levels in the blood
- White nails may show liver problems such as hepatitis
Keep an eye with thickened nails that look like almost identical to claws which very unusual, to begin with.
- Thick, hardened with cracking of nails can indicate a fungal infection.
- Unusual thickness might be a sign of blood flow problem.
- Thickened nails are also indicative of lung problems such as COPD.
Thick nails could also manifest with improper hygiene. It is also advised to observe for allergic responses to new medications which can induce thickening of nails.
Here are the usual cause of having split nails:
- Split nails occasionally are due to lack of vitamins and minerals in the body such as folic acid, vitamin C, and protein.
- It is also indicative of psoriasis
- It might be also due to malnourishment
It is advised to have a proper eating regimen and have a dermatologist check for possible psoriasis.
Nails with irregular shape with bent up nail bed may be indicative of serious conditions such as:
- Hemochromatosis, a liver problem
- Hypothyroidism (hormonal imbalance)
- Lack of iron in blood
- Heart disease
It is best to seek medical attention for a further update regarding your health.
This type of nail could be linked with the following condition:
- Connective tissue problem or necrosis
- Lacks zinc mineral in the body
- Bacterial infection
Some nails have dents that clear up quickly for a while but with this pitting of nailbed are related to an illness which usually takes longer to heal.
Healthy nails have smooth surfaces with a pinkish color. With these ridges, it may be an indication of conditions such as:
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Iron deficiency
- Lupus disease
Dry, brittle nails
- It may be associated with fungal infection or hormonal imbalance.
- Thyroid illness
- Parasitic Infection or fungal problems
It is advised to seek medical attention regarding the thyroid dysfunction. It also advised having an adequate hydration and proper body hygiene
Clubbing of nails
They could be a result of a severe condition which may be serious or fatal if not properly treated accordingly:
- Liver disease
- Lung problem
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Please follow and like us: