The term heart disease is a very broad term. Problems can happen within the heart muscle itself, the arteries supplying blood to the heart muscle, or the valves within the heart that pump blood.Here, we have listed different food and drinks that you can intake to help you have a cleanse your arteries:
1. Salmon – it is one of the best food for the heart as it contains healthy fatty acids that can lower down cholesterol, triglyceride levels, and inflammation.
2. Orange juice – it is rich in antioxidants for healthy blood vessels and can lower down blood pressure level.
3. Nuts – these include unsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids that balances cholesterol levels. They are also beneficial for the joints and memory.
4. Coffee – the risk of heart attack can be lowered by having 2-3 cups of coffee per day but bear in mind that too much caffeine is also unhealthy for the body.
5. Watermelon – it promotes prodction of nitric oxide to widen the blood vessels.
6. Whole grain – these have high fiber content which prevents high cholesterol and break down existing cholesterol buildup.
7. Cheese – it helps in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
8. Olive oil – it provides healthy fats to the body and lowers down cholesterol level, hence, lowering the risk of heart attack by up to 41%.
9. Broccoli – it prevents calcium from staying in the arteries through vitamin K. It also prevents high blood pressere and cholesterol buildup.
10. Avocado – it balances good and bad cholesterol which is essential for healthy arteries.
You do not have to take all of these in just one go. Any of these per day will surely help you have a healthy heart and arteries!
Tell us in the comment section below if you know other foods that can prevent heart attacks!