A lot of people have been having sleep issues and can’t blame themselves why it is so difficult to fall asleep. It may be because of a lot of stress happening in your life, be it from work, school, family, bills, in short stress in life.
This is where sleep deprivation comes in and it could be a big deal. It is never an easy thing to resolve this but there are a lot of ways to regain sleep for the hood of your health. There has been a lot of approach to this. A new way to do so has been discovered and is called the “4-7-8 Technique”.
What is the 4-7-8 Technique?
4-7-8 Technique is a simple breathing routine that allows your body get relaxed and sleep well. This technique is instructed as follows:
1. Begin by putting the tip of your tongue on the palate (roof of your mouth) all throughout the time you are doing this technique.
2. Completely empty your lungs by breathing out.
3. The mouth is closed and breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds.
4. Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
5. All the air is blown out through the mouth forcefully for 8 seconds. It’s better when you breathe out, you make a whooshing sound.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for four breath cycles.
Do this at least twice a day with four breath cycles each. You can increase it to eight breath cycles twice daily after the first month as suggested by Dr. Andrew Weil.
He also said that this routine decreases your blood pressure, decreases heart rate and enhances digestion, especially when properly and consecutively done for two or three months.
You should never underestimate the power of sleep. And if you’re having some problem sleeping, why not try this 4-7-8 technique!
Please follow and like us: