Garlic is a plant in the Allium (onion) family. It is Closely related to onions, shallots and leeks. It grows in many parts of the world and is popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong smell and delicious taste.
Not only is garlic the perfect choice for adding flavor to a savory recipe, it provides a long list of health benefits for it has powerful antioxidant properties.
It is also considered for its numerous health benefits such as lowering one’s blood pressure, regulating cholesterol levels, improving cardiovascular health, and preventing certain types of cancer.
Benefits Of Garlic:
1. It can boost your immune system. *Garlic contains proteins that help create antibodies that combat various illnesses. This reduces your risk of acquiring diseases such as colds, cough, and even the more severe ones as well.
2. It can treat and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
*Cardiovascular problems such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, and others can be treated and prevented with the help of garlic. It has the ability to reduce cholesterol levels as well as blood pressure so you won’t be at risk from heart attack, stroke, and the like.
3. It is used as a home remedy for common illnesses.
*If you are quite prone to having coughs, colds, fever, headache, and the like, having some garlic can do you a world of good.
Side Effects of Garlic:
1. Too much of it might add weight. *Since adding garlic to your meals can make them more flavorful, chances are you might be asking for seconds or thirds. This means that you’ll be adding more calories to your body if you are not too careful with your food intake.
2. Prolong bleeding.
* Garlic can cause your blood vessels to dilate which means that if you cut yourself or have undergone surgery, you might keep on bleeding. A good rule of thumb is to avoid eating garlic at least two weeks prior to any major surgery to ensure that your woundsheal quickly.
3. It can cause bad breath.
*Even if it is just a small piece, its pungent odor can be smelled easily. Unless you are not too queasy about the smell, you can use this herb for its medicinal properties. Otherwise, you will have to look for an alternative if you can’t stand the smell.
Eating garlic in moderation can boost your overall health.
Please follow and like us: