Check out this lemon poppy seed zucchini loaf – it’s just too good to be true, and yet it is!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut/seed milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup grated zucchini
For the glaze:
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cashew milk and apple cider vinegar, stir well and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Combine the gluten-free flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs and add in the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar, whisk until evenly blended. Add the lemon juice, fermented cashew milk, and lemon zest. Blend again until evenly incorporated.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini and fold into the wet mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend together until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 /10×4 loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime prepare the glaze; melt the coconut butter and then add to a small bowl, whisk in the raw honey and lemon juice until creamy and well incorporated.
- After the loaf is baked, add the glaze to the top of the bread while still warm, allow the glaze to set before cutting and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container
Enjoy! We recommend serving with a side of coconut butter for best taste.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: