Where doctors once preached egg avoidance, courtesy misconceptions of good and bad cholesterol, we know that eggs are a pretty perfect food.
Eggs are great for you, as they’re full of antioxidants, minerals, protein, vitamins, and more. As a result, some doctors suggest eating two or three eggs every day.
Check the great reasons for eating eggs below:
- Bone health booster: Eggs are rich in vitamin D and calcium, two important nutrients for the bones and teeth. According to studies, calcium and protein work together to maintain the calcium levels and keep the metabolic processes in the bones steady. Eggs also contain vitamin D, an important vitamin we mostly get through the sun and is vital for numerous processes in the body.
- Brain food: Eggs contain choline, an important nutrient which is vital for our brain. Choline is a neurotransmitter that sends stimuli to the brain and nervous system and lack of it can have negative effects on the memory and brain function in general.
- Cancer risk reduction: According to one study published in the “Breast Cancer Research” journal, eating eggs every day can reduce the risk of breast cancer by 18%. Furthermore, eggs contain a lot of amino acids, vitamins and minerals that will stabilize your estrogen levels which can sometimes be the main cause for breast cancer.
- Cardiovascular risk reduction: Eggs contain up to 40 gr. of HDL (good) cholesterol which can prevent numerous cardiovascular diseases. Experts in the past thought that eggs raise the cholesterol levels in our blood, but this isn’t true – our body regulates its own cholesterol levels, and most of the cholesterol is produced by the body itself.
- Eyesight improvements: Eggs are perfect for our eyesight due to the high amount of vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin. Vitamin A is essential for our vision and for seeing in the dark as well. On the other hand, lutein and zeaxanthin are two powerful antioxidants that can prevent free radical damage and boost your eyesight, while preventing numerous vision problems.
- Help you lose weight: If you want to lose weight, you should stay away from foods with low glycemic index and eat more eggs. Eggs can satisfy your cravings fast and help you eat less, resulting in more weight lost.
- Lower incidence of birth defects: Eggs contain 0.7 mcg. of vitamin B9 (folic acid) which is recommended to pregnant women as it reduces the risk of birth defects and preventing damage to the embryo’s nervous system. Eggs are one of the richest sources of vitamin B9 which is why you need to consume a few of them every day.
- Slows aging: According to one study from Germany, eating eggs regularly can stop the aging process and prevent skin cancer as well. Eggs contain organic pigments such as carotenoids which can slow down aging. However, in order to fully benefit from them, you need to eat the eggs boiled since they contain more carotenoids this way due to the chemical changes generated when the eggs are cooked.
- Support healthy liver, skin and hair: The egg yolk contains protein and sulfur which can revitalize your dull and weak hair and improve the quality of your skin. With Vitamin B it helps the hair grow and fill out. They also contain lecithin, a substance that assists the liver in the detoxification process and improves digestion.
As a result, you should definitely eat 2-3 eggs each day! (The one exception: If you have heart problems or diabetes, doctors recommend three eggs each week or fewer.)
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: