Few DIY projects could be more useful than building your own portable solar generator. Fortunately for you, we can help you do precisely that – and on a budget no less!
Once charged, the power of this solar generator will last quite some time, and it’s not expensive to make, either – maybe $90 in supplies, which isn’t bad at all!
You likely will have all the tools you’ll need at home, too: A drill, utility knife, screw driver, and wire cutter.
Supplies you’ll need:
- 1.26w weather proof solar panel ($30.00 at Cabela’s)
- 12v 7.5amp rechargeable sealed lead-acid battery ($30.00 at Radioshack
- 12v socket ($11.00 at WalMart)
- Cooler ($8.00 at WalMart)
- Nuts/bolts ($2.00 at WalMart)
- Wire plugs ($2.00 at Walmart)
- Super glue ($1.00 at Dollar Store)
For more, check out the full instructions here!
h/t: Goods Home Design
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: