Actor and songwriter, Kris Kristofferson, 79, was given a misdiagnosis for Alzheimer’s disease.
While you may be unaware of the bite, over time symptoms can develop such as:
- Facial or Bell’s palsy
- Muscle and joint pain that comes and goes
- Heart palpitations or an irregular heartbeat (Lyme carditis)
- Dizziness or shortness of breath
- Nerve pain
- Shooting pains, numbness, or tingling in the hands or feet
- Problems with short-term memory
- And, even after months or years of infection, other cognitive problems can occur:
- problems remembering names or words
- slowed thinking
- “brain fog”
- difficulty following conversations
- Severe headaches
- Neck stiffness
- Additional rashes on other parts of the body
- Arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling, often in the knees
The term ‘chronic Lyme disease’ (CLD) has been used to describe people with different illnesses. While the term is sometimes used to describe illness in patients with Lyme disease, in many occasions it has been used to describe symptoms in people who have no evidence of a current or past infection with [the Lyme bacterium].
Avoid wooded areas with high grass, lots of brush and leaves. When you go off trail (if you must) use bug repellent on exposed skin and clothes for protection. ALWAYS check yourself and your loved ones as soon as the hike is over.
Don’t forget that your pets can also bring them inside so make sure to protect them too. If you use homeopathic methods, lavender and geranium oil are also good, natural deterrents for ticks. Just remember to be on the lookout for ticks after camping, hiking or being in the backyard (if close to a wooded area).
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!