Colds are never a thing to take lightly, so a proper healthcare is always recommended. The same is true of the flu and fevers.
When these illnesses strike, they are followed by several symptoms, such as: sore throat, stuffy and runny nose, and persistent cough. The cough can often be unbearable and it is even worse for smokers.
If you are experiencing painful cough, there is a very simple solution to get rid of it. All you need is two ingredients that can make this health issue go away in the blink of an eye.
It is a remedy that has been used for years back. Here is how to prepare this remedy and ease the annoying cough that follows you during cold season.
Cough Syrup Recipe
- 1/4 cup Ginger Root (fresh grated or dried)
- 1/4 cup Marshmallow Root
- 1/4 cup Chamomile Flowers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 250 ml of filtered water
- Take a medium sized saucepan and pour water in it. Add dried herbs to water and boil them accordingly. Reduce heat so the mix simmers. Remove from heat once half the liquid evaporates.
- Strain thorough a cloth or mesh strainer so you don’t leave any herbs in the liquid.
- With the liquid still lukewarm, add lemon juice and honey. Stir well. Pour the mix in air sealed container and keep in refrigerator for two months.
Eat one tablespoon of the syrup three times a day. It is also beneficial for children; you must take no more than one teaspoon per day.
Tip: To cure dry cough, add one teaspoon of dried mint leaves in the syrup.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Wellness Mama