Detoxifying is the best way to flush away those harmful toxins and get a good start on clean-eating plans.
You may have seen this word coming up more frequently “beet kvass” and may be wondering what it is. It is a powerful medicinal tonic that is a traditional Eastern European beverage that was originally made by fermenting stale bread. The result is a fizzy, rich tonic with a distinct taste and multiple health benefits.
The key to the power of this tonic is the inclusion of beetroots. Beetroots are a highly nutritious food that can be used in a variety of DIY natural remedies. They are good for cleansing your detoxification organs—your liver and kidneys. Beets is beneficial for promoting regularity and improving your digestion.It is a great way for detoxifying your body
Kvass originated in Russia, where it is often made with stale rye bread. As with most foods or drinks, kvass is prepared in various ways in different regions. In the Ukraine, it became a popular tradition to keep a bottle of beet kvass in the home. Beet kvass is commonly used in soups, borscht, and vinaigrettes.
Health Benefits of Beet Kvass
When beetroot is converted into kvass through fermentation, the process heightens its nutritional value significantly, along with providing strong gut support with the addition of healthy probiotic bacteria and enzymes that promote gut health. It aids your body in efficient absorption of nutrients from the foods that you eat.
One 4oz shot of beet kvass twice a day makes an excellent blood tonic, aids digestion, promotes regularity, alkalizes the blood, cleanses the liver, and is a good treatment for kidney stones and many other common ailments.
If this sounds like a medicinal tonic that you would like to try, then use the following beet kvass recipe.
Beet Kvass Recipe
Making your own beet kvass is actually very simple. The process will only take a few minutes, but you will have to allow the tonic to ferment for a couple of days. The following recipe should make six servings of beet kvass.
- 4 organic beetroots
- 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt
- Purified water
- Optional flavorings: lemon, orange, ginger or spices
- Glass jar (half a gallon)
- Start by washing the beets. You can leave the skin on. Chop the beets into (not too) small cubes and place them in the bottom of the glass jar.
- Fill the jar with filtered water and leave at least 1 inch of space at the top of the jar. Add salt and the desired flavoring.
- Cover the top of the jar with a cloth, a towel, or cheesecloth. You can always secure the cloth with a rubber band or some string.
- Leave the jar on your kitchen counter for at least 3-5 days, at room temperature. Check it daily and remove any sum that forms on the top.
- You will know that your beet kvass is ready when it has a deep, red color and you begin to see fizzy bubbles along the top of the liquid. Remove the cloth and replace with lid. Close lid tight and transfer the jar to your fridge to let it continue fermenting.
- Once the tonic is ready, you can consume between 3 and 4 ounces twice per day, to cleanse your system and restore regularity to your bowel movements.
Beet kvass is simple to make and is one of the quickest ways for healing your body. If you are ready to improve your health and cleanse your liver and kidneys while restoring digestive health—start making your own beet kvass. The detoxifying impact will make you feel better.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Just Naturally Healthy