Dalanghita, also known as Citrus nobilis, is a small tree which bears green to yellow, greenish yellow, or orange fruits. Its leaves are smooth, oblong-shaped from 4 to 10 centimeters long with narrowly winged petioles of 1 centimeter long.
Dalanghita blooms white flowers, short-pedicelled and mostly solitary. Its fruits are hesperidums and produces fairly juicy sweet pulp, with a loose skin and leathery pericarp.
Rind squeezed dalanghita is a remedy for nausea and fainting, just place it near nostril for irritant inhalation. For anorexia and vomiting, mix fresh stem of ginger to a concentrated decoction of the rind fruit.
Below are other health benefits of citrus nobilis.
1. Lowers risk of cancer. The carotenoids present mandarin oranges due to high Vitamin A have shown the capacity to reduce the risk of liver cancer. It also has a high level of limonene which has anti-cancer elements.
2. Vitamin C which helps the formation of healthy bones and teeth and increases body resistance to infection and the prevention of scurvy.
3. Fiber helps you achieve proper bowel function and reduces constipation and diverticulosis. Folic acid helps in the production of red blood cells.
4. Nobiletin is a flavonoid present in the citrus fruits, but it is mostly existent in dalanghita. It decreases the amount of triacylglycerol on the skin surface, reduces the size of and amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands.
5. Cures stomach problem. Oil from rind is also used for stomach problems and as liniment for gout, rheumatism and other painful swellings.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
6. Reduces blood cholesterol. C-nobilis combats the toxins that oxidize the cholesterol to stick to the artery walls. As a result, it lowers the risk of heart failure.
7. Rich in folic acid. Women who are potential mothers should consume sufficient folate from food, 400 mcg of synthetic folic acid from fortified foods or supplements. It decreases the risk of neutral tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly during fetal development.
8. Its leaves cure swelling, cuts, and wounds. Dalanghita helps in healing minor cuts and wounds. It also remedies painful swelling. The bitter seed helps in relieving the pain.
9. Potassium lowers risk of hypertension, risk of developing kidney stones and bone loss.
10. Healthy skin. In addition with the Vitamin C present at C-nobilis, this fruit is good for skin either taken internally or applied directly on the skin. Regular intake of this makes the skin glow, improves skin tone, and reduces wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes. The antioxidants will shield the skin from lenient UVA.
Did you find this article informative? Do you know other health benefits that dalanghita does? Share them with us, and share this to your friends online!
Please follow and like us: