Guyabano or soursop is a green pear shape fruit known to possess medicinal properties that include cancer fighting activity.
Nutritional Value of Guyabano:
Guyabano fruit is high in carbohydrates, particularly fructose. The fruit also containssignificant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin B1, and vitamin B2.
Guyabano Benefit Summary
Guyabano can Used for:
- Respiratory issues such as asthma or cough.
- Headaches or migraines
- Intestinal upset, constipation, and stomach distress
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Urinary tract infections
- Lack of energy
- 1 kilo ripe guyabano
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Calamansi juice
- Wash and peel fruits. Remove the core and seeds. Then cut pulp into small pieces.
- Heat in four cups water. Cool. Strain mixture through a clean cheese cloth into a pitcher, then squeeze the juice.
- Add sugar and enough Calamansi juice or make the mixture a little sour.
- Serve with ice cubes. Add more sugar if desired.
Cancer Prevention – Guyabano Health Benefits.
Unfortunately, research revolving around guyabano’s healing properties is lacking in the scientific world, but so far researchers have been studying guyabano for its ability to protect against cancer and reduce side-effects of chemotherapy.
Leaves from the guyabano tree are “killed cancer cells among six human cell lines”. The researchers also found that the leaves were particularly effective for prostate and pancreatic cancers.
The National Cancer Institute found that guyabano’s “leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells.
Please follow and like us: