Let’s be real for a second: vaginas can stink. That’s just natural according to Dr. Lulu Marquez. She said that it can be caused by acidic pH levels.
Although, if it has that fishy smell, that should definitely be checked!
Here’s some of the causes of that weird smell:
1. Skipping Out On Hygiene
If you’re not a fan of taking a shower every day, your vaginal area can have an inflammation. Especially if you do a lot of exercise and you don’t change and/or wash afterwards.
Going hand in hand with the first tip, sweat from the apocrine gland can attract a lot of bacteria. Mo bacteria, mo problems.
We’re not talking about curbing your diet, we’re talking about what you eat. After all, you are what you eat! It is scientifically proven that what you eat can affect your smell down under.
Here are the bad ones: garlic, spices, curry, onions, and coffee.
Here are the good ones: cucumber, parsley, mango, pineapple, kiwi, blueberry, strawberry, food with a lot of prebiotics like miso soup and kimchi.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
This is why you should definitely be alarmed if you’re having some bad odor experience. There are sexually-transmitted diseases (STD) that can be the cause of it.
5. Too Much Douches
Well, too much of anything is bad! If you’re a fan of using those douches, make sure that you use it sparsely. After all, the vagina cleans itself so you don’t really need too much.
6. Sex, Baby
Your genitalia has acidic pH levels, semen is alkaline, do the math.
Here’s how you can prevent it:
1. If there’ already a smell, go see your doctor!
2. Don’t self-medicate! Get off those websites and go to a legit source.
3. Tight ain’t always right! Loosen up on those tight jeans and give your vagina some breathing room.
4. Take care of your period by regularly changing your tampons or napkins.
5. Go organic with your feminine wash to avoid irritation.
6. After sexual intercourse, make sure that you wash your vagina immediately.
There you go! Are there some stuff that we missed out? Tell us in the comments below and don’t forget to share this story with your friends!
Please follow and like us: