In order to function well, the brain needs blood and oxygen. When a blood vessel is blocked in the brain, it will start to bleed and can cause an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, a very dangerous condition which are often fatal if you don’t act immediately.
Just like with many health problems, many people ignore the symptoms of stroke. But, you should be very careful, because stroke can bring serious brain damage. According to the latest data, it is the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S.A.
According to the American Stroke Association, you should follow the F.A.S.T acronym in order to know the symptoms of stroke.
Indications of a Stroke:
- F – Face dropping on one side.
- A – Arm weakness or numbness in one arm for more than a couple of minute.
- S – Speech difficulty. When stroke occurs, lack of blood supply to the brain may cause slurred or garbled speech.
- T – Time. This is very important. Calling ambulance immediately can make difference between permanent brain damage or not, and life or death.
Additional signs that should not be ignored:
* Vision problem in one eye.
* A bad headache or migraine or sudden often of extreme fatigue, can alarm you about a stroke, these signs can frequently be ignored.
* Perplexity or Difficulty Thinking: When a stroke occurs, the brain is starved of oxygen and blood which leads to an inability to think and speak properly and confusion.
Source: Healthy Viral 24