Pandan leaves are very popular, but only few knows the amazing healing properties and benefits of this leaf. This leaf is commonly used for cooking rice – it adds good smell and flavors.
Pandan leaves have various culinary uses and healing benefits.
- Pain Reliever – Pandan leaves are excellent for getting rid of pain of all kinds, including chest pains, arthritis, earaches, and headaches. Just drink a cup of pandan tea as needed for pain.
- Gum Pain – Chewing fresh or dried pandan leaves is a great way to soothe away oral discomforts and gum pain.
- Great for Anxiety and Stress – If a person has anxiety, drinking 2 – 3 cups of pandan tea will soothe away their stress.
- GI Cramps and Spams – Pandan leaves work perfectly for the GI tract and especially stomach cramps. Drink the tea as needed.
- Natural Mosquito Repellent – Pandan extract in high concentrations can also be used to keep away mosquitoes with skin application and it’s not toxic compared to DEET and other agents which are very toxic.
- Arthritis Liniment – Take pandan leaf tea and add some coconut oil to it and then dab this liniment on arthritic joints for pain.
- After Childbirth – Pandan leaf tea also works wonders for new mother’s right after childbirth, giving them soothing relaxing energy.
- Reduces Fevers – It can also help to reduce fevers – drink the tea as needed.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Take 2 – 3 pandan leaves and boil in 2 cups of water and reduce to one cup – drink this tea every AM and PM to lower blood pressure.
- Detoxing Agent – It is also great for detoxifying the liver and the body in general.
- Skin Fungus – Take fresh pandan leaves and extract the juice from the leaves and add the juice to a cup of salt water – drink one cup a day for 3 days.
- Cancer – Pandan leaf tea can also help to prevent and heal some types of cancer.