It is not just the bagoong which makes your Kare-Kare tastier, apart from it, there is this odd ingredient that adds an exotic touch and surprisingly, various health impacts.
This is the red orange to purplish cone located on the tip of a banana fruit bunch. It is oftenly used as an exotic ingredient in many Southeast Asian countries.
In the Philippines, various viand like Kare-Kare, Kilawin and Sinigang include banana flowers’ compact petals.
But aside from giving an exotic touch to many local foods, banana flowers offer amazing health benefits that we might never know.
- Provides effective function of kidneys
- Cure infection
- Heals Anemia
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Cures Ulcer
- Strengthens uterus
- Reduce Free Radical Activity
- Boost Mood and Reduce Anxiety
- Recommended food for Diabetics and lactating mothers
- Weight Loss
- Anti-ageing power
- Regulates menstrual cycle
- Relieves you from constipation