It’s easy to feel guilty when you have an ice cream craving – but no more! Check out this amazing recipe for a fantastic and healthy turmeric coconut ice cream!
By now you well know the benefits of both turmeric and coconut. This ice cream combines them both – for a treat both delicious and healthy!
Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream
Cook Time: 24 hrs
Prep time: 15 min
Serves: 8 cups
- 14oz of coconut milk
- 7oz of coconut cream (or ½ cup of coconut yogurt)
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 tbsp raw pecans (more if you want toppings)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for a minimum of 2 hours until soggy
- While they soak, layer a pan with parchment paper allowing the ends to hang over the side and place in the freezer
- Drain cashews and add to a blender with all the other ingredients
- Blend on high until pecans and cashews are broken down and everything is combined
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pan
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden
- Remove from the freezer, top with more pecans if desired, and serve
- A couple extra things to keep in mind are you can use an ice cream maker for this if you wish. No churning is involved as the cashews and coconut milk makes it thick and creamy. It’ll be less creamy, but cashews and pecans can be removed.
Who knew homemade ice cream could be so simple? Don’t be hesitant the next time you reach for a late night snack, this is one you’ll feel great about during and after!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
Please follow and like us: