Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints in your body accompanied by swelling, stiffness and pain common among older individuals.
This is usually treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. But apart from this, there is a natural remedy that could reduce inflammations effectively.
A study by the University of Miami stated that extract from ginger could be used as an alternative to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs.
A wonder drug as we all know, ginger contains anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities, along with some analgesic property.
1. Add Minced Ginger to Your Meals
A few tablespoons of minced ginger can help ease muscle pain caused by exercise. You can just add it while you cook to whatever dishes you eat.
2. Ginger Drink
2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup water
1 inch grated ginger
1 teaspoon honey
1. Boiled 1 cup of water in a pan.
2. Add the grated ginger.
3. Boil the water for 10 minutes.
4. Strain it.
5. Add 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
6. Add 1 teaspoon honey.
7. Drink 2-3 cups daily, until the pain subsides.
3. Ginger Oil Massage
1. Take 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add 3-4 drops of ginger essential oil.
3. Allow the oil to cool down just a bit.
4. Massage the mixture in affected joints and muscles for 10-15 minutes.
5. Massage the painful areas with the mixture at least 1 to 2 times daily.
For additional benefits, you can add ½ teaspoon turmeric into the mixture.
Source: 1Million Health Tips
Image: Health Remedies Advice