According to multiple recent studies, the active compound of thyme essential oil called thymol contains potent antiseptic properties. As a matter of fact, thymol can be found in the chemical structure of most antiseptic wipes and mouth washes.
According by a recent research, you are even able to reduce pain with the use of thyme essential oil. Since many traditional medicines have used thyme and other essential oils in order to alleviate pain, this should not come as a surprise to you.
Study Suggests that Thyme Oil is Better for Pain Relief than Ibuprofen
According to a team of researchers from Iran’s Babol University of Medical Sciences, thyme oil has better effect in relieving your pain than any medication. Besides acting as a potent pain-reliever, thyme oil also alleviates the pain caused by heavy menstruation.
This study included 84 women who had struggles with difficult menstruation.All of the 84 university students who were participants in this study had 15-24 years and all of them were suffering from dysmenorrhea.
This condition is very painful because it is manifested by painful cramping which may be accompanied with symptoms such as headache, back pain, dizziness or nausea. However, if the pain stems from another condition that means that you are experiencing secondary dysmenorrhea.
According to the researchers, the definition of primary dysmenorrheal, which appears within 2 years of the beginning of menarche, is not associated with pain during the other parts of the cycle.
When you think about it, it really makes sense because painful menstruations are more common in young women. The first years of the beginning of menstruation are definitively more painful.
Other Health Benefits of Thyme Oil
You are able to protect sores and wounds from infections since the thyme oil is a great antiseptic. Thyme oil contains Caryophyllene and Camphene which attribute its antiseptic benefits.
It helps with diseases associated with the heart, digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system, muscles and skin.
If you are suffering from low blood pressure, this will be the perfect solution for you. People who suffer from low blood pressure have a higher risk of feeling sluggish and unconscious. If you are one of those people, do not worry because thyme keeps the blood pressure balanced by raising it naturally.
You are able to prevent and treat rheumatism, gout and arthritis since the thyme
essential oil solves obstructed circulation and accumulation of uric acid in the blood. It also facilitates the elimination of toxic matter because thyme essential oil is a diuretic. Besides all of that, it is also able to increase the circulation and solve this problem because this essential oil is a stimulant.
- The thyme essential oil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of infections of the bladder and the urinary tract since it is a powerful diuretic.
- It eliminates nail fungus.
- It fights against parasites.
- It is also used as insect repellent.
- It is excellent against vaginitis and candida.
- It is an ingredient found in almost every hand sanitizer.
- You can use diluted oil or crushed thyme as first aid on insect signs and bites.
- You are able to relieve gout, sciatica, muscle pain, rheumatic pain, sprains and sport injuries if you add thyme to hot compress.
- In order to protect yourself from animal bites and boils, apply undiluted thyme essential oil on the affected area. Use some cream in order to protect your skin.
- Use 1% solution as antibacterial wash for produce.
- In order to stimulate menstruation or missing periods, massage with thyme essential oil.
- You are able to use it as hair tonic, face wash or treatment of warts and acne.
- You will increase the amount of DHA in the heart, kidney and brain cell membranes with the regular consumption of thyme.
- You will be able to facilitate the healing process since the active compound in thyme oil called thymol is able to increase the blood flow to the skin.
- The healthy fats in cell membranes are protected by thymol.
- In order to treat alopecia areata, stir in thyme with lavender, cedarwood and rosemary in a mixture of grapeseed and jojoba.
- It blends well with lemon, lavender, pine, bergamot and grapefruit.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Good Morning Center