Every girl who reaches puberty is bound to have their periods. At a certain age, a woman’s body needs to prepare for reproduction which is why menstruation must occur. However, bleeding for several days can be quite problematic. Since some women have heavier flows than others, they often tend to accidentally stain their clothing once they make certain movements. Most of the time, leakage is caused by the wrong placement of the sanitary pad on the woman’s underwear.
For those of you who don’t know, or are wearing their sanitary pads differently, here is the proper way to wear it:
– Remove and unfold the sanitary pad from its packaging.
– Pull down your underwear just below the knees.
– Remove the paper strip to reveal the adhesive on the opposite side of the pad.
– Stick the sanitary pad on your underwear so that it won’t move. If your napkin has wings, wrap them around the other side of your underwear for extra security.
– Check whether or not the sanitary pad is in the right position by pulling your underwear up and checking if it covers the entire v*ginal opening.
– Change the sanitary pads every two hours if it is full and every four hours when your period is lighter.
– Wrap your used napkin in scratch paper or toilet paper then throw it in the trash can.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
If you’re using washable menstrual pads, then the same procedures apply except you can reuse them.
– After changing it, soak the material on warm soapy water. Make sure to put a lid on the container.
– After soaking it, wash it in the washing machine using laundry detergent.
– Dry it off and reuse again during your period.
Do you do these steps as well? Let us know what you think in the comments section!
Please follow and like us: